Darin Wainscott’s greatest passions were watching his two children play sports and horse shows, particularly those for quarter horses. Darin was also devoted to his work, his church, and his community. He had signed up to be an organ donor many years prior so that he could help others when the time came. On February 27, 2013, he suffered a sudden, massive brain stem aneurysm and died the next day. His selfless act saved the lives of at least four people and gave two people the gift of sight. His legacy lives on through the Giving Fore Living Foundation, which supports donation awareness and local causes. The third annual banquet will be held on Friday, June 12, 2015, at the Adrian Optimist Building in Adrian, MO. The golf tournament will be held on Saturday, June 13, 2015 and Sunday, June 14, 2015, at the Butler Country Club in Butler, MO. Please join us in celebration of his life and help promote the gift of life through organ donation.
To date this organization has donated the following in the community:
- Love Offerings to Individuals – $20,000
- Love Offerings to Butler High School – $4,800
- Darin Wainscott Memorial Scholarship Fund – $2,000
- Midwest Transplant Organization – $5,000
- Random Acts of Kindness – $1,000
Did you know:
- More than 123,000 people in the United States are currently on the waiting list for a lifesaving organ transplant.
- Another name is added to the national transplant waiting list every 12 minutes.
- On average, 21 people die every day from the lack of available organs for transplant.
- Seven percent of people on the waiting list—more than 6,500 each year—die before they are able to receive a transplant.